Water blaster starts fire

Firefighters called out to Wainui.

Firefighters called out to Wainui.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Lysnar Street at Wainui yesterday morning after a light fitting started to smoulder as the home was being water-blasted.

The fire service sent two appliances and a water tanker to the property at around 11.10am.

“The water from the waterblaster got into the light fitting and shorted it out, causing some smouldering,” a senior firefighter said.

The fire crews isolated the prower to the property and made sure the situation was safe.

“The damage caused was minor.”

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Lysnar Street at Wainui yesterday morning after a light fitting started to smoulder as the home was being water-blasted.

The fire service sent two appliances and a water tanker to the property at around 11.10am.

“The water from the waterblaster got into the light fitting and shorted it out, causing some smouldering,” a senior firefighter said.

The fire crews isolated the prower to the property and made sure the situation was safe.

“The damage caused was minor.”

Your email address will not be published. Comments will display after being approved by a staff member. Comments may be edited for clarity.

Poll

  • Voting please wait...
    Your vote has been cast. Reloading page...
    Are you voting in the election, and if so when?