Electrical fault causes oven fire

File picture

FIREFIGHTERS were called to yet another kitchen fire yesterday afternoon but this time it involved an electrical fault with the oven, not overcooked food.

Fire and Emergency NZ sent an appliance to a house in Iranui Road at 2.30pm yesterday.

“An electrical fault in the back of the oven started a small fire,” a senior firefighter said.

“There was some damage to a cabinet above the oven and to the oven itself, but there was no further damage elsewhere in the house.”

The residents were alerted by their smoke alarms.

“We used our positive pressure ventilation equipment to clear away the smoke.”

FIREFIGHTERS were called to yet another kitchen fire yesterday afternoon but this time it involved an electrical fault with the oven, not overcooked food.

Fire and Emergency NZ sent an appliance to a house in Iranui Road at 2.30pm yesterday.

“An electrical fault in the back of the oven started a small fire,” a senior firefighter said.

“There was some damage to a cabinet above the oven and to the oven itself, but there was no further damage elsewhere in the house.”

The residents were alerted by their smoke alarms.

“We used our positive pressure ventilation equipment to clear away the smoke.”

Your email address will not be published. Comments will display after being approved by a staff member. Comments may be edited for clarity.

Poll

  • Voting please wait...
    Your vote has been cast. Reloading page...
    Do you support the $6 million proposal for Rugby Park, which includes synthetic turf, an athletics track, additional sportsfield, all-weather sports pavilion and conference/function centre?