Deep fryer fire put out quickly

No damage

No damage

FIREFIGHTERS were called to the Lunch Bar premises in Palmerston Road this morning when a fire started in a deep fryer the proprietor was using.

Fire and Emergency NZ received a 111 call at 6am.

“The person in the shop took quick action and that prevented any damage,” a senior firefighter said.

“The proprietor turned the fryer off, activated the fire alarm and evacuated the building.”

The senior firefighter said the fire was out by the time they arrived.

“The person in the shop was not hurt,” he said. “We used a ventilator to clear away the smoke build-up in the shop.”

FIREFIGHTERS were called to the Lunch Bar premises in Palmerston Road this morning when a fire started in a deep fryer the proprietor was using.

Fire and Emergency NZ received a 111 call at 6am.

“The person in the shop took quick action and that prevented any damage,” a senior firefighter said.

“The proprietor turned the fryer off, activated the fire alarm and evacuated the building.”

The senior firefighter said the fire was out by the time they arrived.

“The person in the shop was not hurt,” he said. “We used a ventilator to clear away the smoke build-up in the shop.”

Your email address will not be published. Comments will display after being approved by a staff member. Comments may be edited for clarity.

Poll

  • Voting please wait...
    Your vote has been cast. Reloading page...
    Are you happy with the level of enforcement of dog control regulations?