Firefighters called to smoky kitchen

FIREFIGHTERS went to a house in Lytton Road last night after residents called for help to remove smoke from overheated cooking.

Fire and Emergency NZ sent an appliance to the house just before 9pm last night.

“We used a positive pressure ventilation system to clear away the smoke,” a senior firefighter said.

“There was no actual fire in the kitchen, just a fair bit of smoke.”

FIREFIGHTERS went to a house in Lytton Road last night after residents called for help to remove smoke from overheated cooking.

Fire and Emergency NZ sent an appliance to the house just before 9pm last night.

“We used a positive pressure ventilation system to clear away the smoke,” a senior firefighter said.

“There was no actual fire in the kitchen, just a fair bit of smoke.”

Your email address will not be published. Comments will display after being approved by a staff member. Comments may be edited for clarity.

Poll

  • Voting please wait...
    Your vote has been cast. Reloading page...
    Do you like the new committee structure brought in at Gisborne District Council?

    See also: Committee shake-up